We are looking for a Sous Chef to work within the Kitchen. The post is a full time permanent position 40 hours per week, 5 days out 7.
Responsible to: Executive Head Chef
Responsible for: Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Commis Chef
- To deputise in the Head Chefs absence to ensure the maintenance of a high standard of food production.
- To input into the writing of menus for all food outlets with regular reviews. To cost all menus and achieve food percentage.
- To assist with recruitment, training and development of all departmental staff.
- To maximise yield within the departments in conjunction with the Sales Manager, proposing and implementing promotions to reflect the needs of the business.
- To liaise with Dept. Managers to ensure exceptional service levels are consistently delivered to guests.
- Present a welcoming impression to our guests by all staff.
- To liaise with suppliers and ensure delivery of commodities to specification agreed from a reputable and traceable source.
- To maintain a high level of customer care throughout the department
- To ensure all equipment is maintained in a clean working condition
- To input into the compilation of and work within the agreed departmental budget
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility
- To meet with guests to discuss requirements, if required and to be visible “front of house”.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To assist with monthly food stocks in the absence of the Executive Head Chef
- To control and manage to an agreed budget maximising yield at every opportunity
- To complete departmental rotas in line with business levels in the absence of the Executive Head Chef
- Recruit, select and train direct reports and maintain individual training records
- Support other departmental training as required, where appropriate
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development
- Kitchen Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
- Interact with other members of Team and support where appropriate
- Attendance at meetings and ad hoc requests and hold departmental meetings as appropriate
- To act as a main point of contact for any customer complaints and to ensure correct handling.
PLEASE NOTE: this Job Description in not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Bar Assistant – Full Time & Casual
Food and Beverage Assistant – Full Time
Casual Food and Beverage Assistants
Weekend Kitchen Porter