We are looking for a Sales Co-ordinator to work in the Sales & Marketing Department.
The role is 40 hours per week, 5 days from 7.
Reports to: the Sales Manager
To Role’s Objective
To increase conferences, weddings, private dining and functions revenue by actively seeking new opportunities, converting relevant enquiries for all areas and continuing to maintain business by account management.
In order to meet the above objective, you need to:
- Be computer literate and possess sound knowledge of Opera, Word and Excel.
- Be confident working with rates and be aware of rate negotiation parameters.
- Have the confidence to sell proactively via cold calling.
- Represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in a professional manner, verbally, in correspondence and face to face.
- Have the desire and drive to successfully increase revenue across all sectors.
- To be responsible for all administrative details involved in conferences, weddings and events. This includes confirmations, cancellations, amendments and contracting with bookers.
- To arrange and carry out show rounds for potential bookers promoting all facilities at Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in conjunction with other members of the Sales Team.
- To identify new users of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and liaise with the Sales Team to convert to “regular” bookers.
- To follow up events by telephone in the first instance to monitor satisfaction and obtain re-booking.
- To understand the needs and expectations of each individual booker by building a friendly and respectful working relationship.
- To build up a portfolio of accounts which are contacted on a regular basis and submit monthly reports.
- To generate new business for the hotel and Theatre by being aware of selling all services including all upselling and cross selling opportunities.
- To actively seek all sales and revenue opportunities both internal and external to increase the profile of the hotel and Theatre.
- To ensure that billing and credit agreements are managed and controlled.
- To produce a monthly report.
- To produce a monthly competitor rate report for weddings and conferences.
- To liaise with the Conference and Banqueting Manager, Chef and Restaurant Manager on a regular basis and at weekly meetings to ensure familiarisation with all details of conferences, weddings and events.
- To perform all day-to-day routine operations, ensuring all enquiries and bookings are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that all telephone calls and written correspondence are carried out and actioned in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with the departmental standards.
- To maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date filing of all correspondence.
- To assist in any show rounds and entertainment of company clients as requested.
- To maintain the highest standards of courtesy, efficiency and appearance to both guests and colleagues.
- To actively and successfully manage the sales process from lead generation to close.
- To create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation.
- To understand a client’s event objectives and needs.
- To reply to all incoming enquiries on the same working day.
- To be creative in your selling style to match the profile of the guest.
- To maintain effective working relationships with clients. Identify their needs and ensure their repeat business.
- To provide training and development for other colleagues as requested and as part of the induction process and for providing holiday and sickness cover.
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met and then exceeded.
- To network through attending events and seeking to represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre when required. Your professional manner and polished appearance will aid your intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- To develop strong working relationships with all bookers in order to maximise sales opportunities and generate business for the future.
- To be acutely aware of press and public relations.
- To actively liaise with all departments, ensuring the integrity of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre.
Service and Product
- To ensure knowledge of product, client relationships and services is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- To evaluate sales performance and product on a regular basis in order to recognise challenges for the future.
- To ensure effective daily communication with other Sales personnel, Reservations, Reception, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Kitchen.
- To ensure Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre remains proactive and responsive to prospective client across all sectors.
- To ensure all Statutory Regulations are adhered to.
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities.
- To be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook.
- To ensure that you are trained to uphold the conditions of the Health and Safety Policy.
- To attend training and development as and when required and requested.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt your approach where necessary.
- To actively put forward practical ideas to generate business for the department and the hotel and encourage others to do so.
- To engage with guests and team members in a warm and friendly manner.
- You will have access to highly confidential information. Under no circumstances may any confidential information be relayed to a 3rd party.
PLEASE NOTE that this Job Description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Bar Assistant – Full Time & Casual
Food and Beverage Assistant – Full Time
Casual Food and Beverage Assistants
Chef De Rang
Weekend Kitchen Porter
Demi Chef de Partie