We are looking for a Sales Administrator. The role is full time, 40 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday plus 2 Saturdays per month (with a day off in the week).
Reports to: the Sales Manager
The Role’s Objective:
To ensure all callers receive a warm greeting when they call Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and to provide an administrative function to the Sales department.
In order to meet the above objective you need to:
- be computer literate and to possess sound knowledge of Word and Excel
- be confident working with communication equipment
- represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in a professional manner, verbally, in correspondence and face to face when required and requested
- have a clear speaking voice with correct tone.
- Answer all external and internal calls that come through to the Switchboard using the headset provided
- Answer all calls using the greeting set out in the Switchboard Standards of Performance manual
- Answer all calls within 5 rings
- Direct calls as requested by the caller or to the relevant and correct department / member of staff
- Report all faulty lines and equipment to Yello
- Advise all internal staff of any issues regarding the telephone system
- Maintain the internal Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre telephone directory
- Accurately take messages and pass to the relevant staff member using oral or written communication, whichever is most appropriate
- Announce all incoming calls for the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Announce all incoming calls from Mr and Mrs Mackay
- To keep brochures well stocked
- To ensure that there are adequate conference, wedding and private dining packs readily available
- Contacting future customers to collate menu choices and log on spreadsheet
- To produce menus, table plans and place cards
- To maintain a stock of stationery
- To update the customer database, correcting errors, changing addresses, and removing duplicate entries
- Sending out brochure requests
- Emptying of daily folders and filing
- Filing of reservations and conference files at the end of each month
- Processing payments and the producing of gift vouchers
- Filing of past gift vouchers
- Franking of post
- Producing event booking confirmation letters
- Logging of customer comment card information and forwarding to the General Manager and Sales Manager on a monthly basis
- Maintaining the files for forthcoming events
- Checking of payments for functions; ensuring special requirements and dietary needs are logged and appropriate departments notified
- Contacting neighbours of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre to advise of an event involving fireworks
- Making and amending restaurant bookings using our computerised diary system
- Updating account management log of past week’s events
- Updating reception gift voucher log
- Produce excel documents as required
- To maintain the highest standards of courtesy, efficiency and appearance to both guests and colleagues.
- To provide training and development for other colleagues as requested
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met and then exceeded
- To be acutely aware of press and public relations
- To actively liaise with all departments, ensuring the integrity of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre.
Service and Product:
- To ensure effective daily communication with other Sales personnel and all other members of the Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre team
- To ensure Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- To ensure all Statutory Regulations are adhered to
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities
- To be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook
- To ensure that you are trained to uphold the conditions of the Health and Safety Policy
- To attend training and development as and when required and requested
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt your approach where necessary
- To actively put forward practical ideas to generate business for the sales department and the hotel and encourage others to do so
- To engage with guests and team members in a warm and friendly manner
- You will have access to highly confidential information. Under no circumstances may any confidential information be relayed to a 3rd party.
PLEASE NOTE that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as instructed.
Reception Shift Leader
Bar Assistant – Full Time & Casual
Food and Beverage Assistant – Full Time
Casual Food and Beverage Assistants
Weekend Kitchen Porter