25 hours per week. 5 days from 7.
Hours are either 8.30am to 1.30pm or 1.30pm to 6.30pm, these will be worked on a rota basis.
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Role’s Objective:
To ensure all callers receive a warm greeting when they call Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and to provide an administrative function to the Sales department.
In order to meet the above objective you need to:
- be computer literate and to possess sound knowledge of Word and Excel
- be confident working with communication equipment.
- represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in a professional manner, verbally, in correspondence and face to face when required and requested
- have a clear speaking voice with correct tone.
- Answer all external and internal calls that come through to the hotel main switchboard.
- Answer all calls using the greeting set out in the Switchboard Standards of Performance manual.
- Direct calls as requested by the caller or to the relevant and correct department / member of staff.
- Assist the caller with restaurant bookings and voucher sales.
- Accurately take messages and pass to the relevant staff member using oral or written communication, whichever is most appropriate.
- Maintain the internal Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre telephone directory.
- To keep brochures well stocked.
- To ensure that there are adequate conference, wedding and private dining packs readily available.
- Contacting future customers to collate menu choices and log on spreadsheet.
- To produce menu’s, table plans and place cards.
- To maintain a stock of stationary.
- Sending out brochure requests.
- Filing of reservations and conference files at the end of each month.
- Processing payments and the producing of gift vouchers.
- Franking of post.
- Producing event booking confirmation letters.
- Logging of customer comment card information and forwarding to the General Manager and Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the files for forthcoming events.
- Checking of payments for functions; ensuring special requirements and dietary needs are logged and appropriate departments notified.
- Contacting neighbours of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre to advise of an event involving fireworks.
- Making and amending restaurant bookings using our computerised diary system.
- Updating account management log of past week’s events.
- To provide training and development for other colleagues as requested.
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met and then exceeded.
- To be acutely aware of press and public relations.
- To actively liaise with all departments, ensuring the integrity of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre.
Service and Product:
- To ensure effective daily communication with other Sales personnel and all other members of the Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre team.
- To ensure Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- To ensure all Statutory Regulations are adhered to.
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities.
- To be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook.
- To ensure that you are trained to uphold the conditions of the Health and Safety Policy.
- To attend training and development as and when required and requested.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt your approach where necessary.
- To actively put forward practical ideas to generate business for the sales department and the hotel and encourage others to do so.
- To engage with guests and team members in a warm and friendly manner.
- You will have access to highly confidential information. Under no circumstances may any confidential information be relayed to a 3rd party.
PLEASE NOTE: that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as instructed.
Please submit your completed application form via email to Lucie.Cleaver@Kilworthouse.co.uk
Chef De Rang
Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Banqueting and Bars Manager
Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage Assistant