Restaurant & Bars Manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager with a focus on Bars
40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7.
Responsible to: Deputy General Manager
Responsible for: Assistant Restaurant Manager, Food and Beverage Supervisors, Chef de Rang, Food and Beverage Assistants and Casual Food and Beverage Assistants.
- To review and improve departmental Standards of Performance Manuals for all Food and Beverage areas.
- To manage the Food and Beverage department to the Red Star Standard within budget.
- To lead the Food and Beverage team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
- To manage multiple tasks.
- To be up to date with Food and Beverage trends and make relevant changes in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- To provide a 2-way communication with emphasis on motivation and teamwork as well as nurturing an ownership environment.
- To ensure exceptional customer care standards are consistently delivered to all guests and to constantly and proactively strive to improve standards.
- To maximise yield within the department at every opportunity.
- To complete monthly liquor stocks and provide feedback from monthly result.
- To complete weekly rotas in line with staffing budget and business needs.
- To ensure up to date information regarding functions is obtained and communicated to team members, using the most appropriate method of communication available eg e-mail, formal meetings, staff briefings.
- To hold regular departmental meetings to ensure staff are working to the correct company standards.
- To complete job chats and appraisals for all team members.
- To be responsible for the forward planning of events.
- To control departmental costs.
- To hold regular meetings with the Head Chef regarding menu and event planning and the food and beverage strategy.
- To identify customer needs and respond proactively.
- To be responsible for acting on feedback from Accounts and Sales and putting in corrective procedures.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- To run functions and special events as required.
- To input into the compilation of and work within the agreed departmental budget
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To assist in managing aged debtors.
- To control and manage to an agreed budget.
- To ensure all transactions are billed and all monies received.
- To meet prospective customers to discuss their requirements.
- To recruit, select and train direct reports and maintain individual training records.
- To support other departmental training as required, where appropriate.
- To provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
- To interact with other members of Management Team and support where appropriate.
- To attend meetings and ad hoc requests and be involved in Management discussions as appropriate.
- To work when required in other departments.
- To act as a main point of contact for any customer complaints and to ensure correct handling.
PLEASE NOTE that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Demi Chef de Partie
Chef De Rang
Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Conference/Events Sales Co-Ordinator
Chef De Partie
Food and Beverage Assistant
House Keeping Assistant
Health & Beauty Therapist