Reception Shift Leader
Full time, 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, early and late shifts.
Job Title: Shift Leader – Reception
Responsible to: Senior Shift Leader and Operations Manager
Responsible for: Reception
- To complete the Reception shift and assist the Reservations department on a daily basis in line with agreed standards.
- To ensure that all daily tasks and checks are completed.
- To assist in the recruitment, induction and development of new starters to the department.
- To carry out on-going training with all Reception staff to ensure that they are able to consistently meet the standards expected of them to AA 4 red star standards.
- To assist in the maximizing of yield within the department, proposing and implementing promotions to reflect the needs of the business.
- To train the team in the importance of achieving the weekly, monthly & yearly budgeted figures set by the General Manager, by using all types of Sales information.
- To liaise with Department Managers to ensure exceptional service levels are consistently delivered to guests.
- To assist in the input & review of Front of House standards and objectives in line with overall hotel policy.
- To present a welcoming impression to our guests by all reception staff both on the telephone and in person.
- To assist in the reviewing, expanding and improvement of the result of the AA report.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- To maintain a high level of customer care throughout the department.
- To input into the compilation of and work within the agreed departmental budget.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To assist in the charging and checking of the account to company bills.
- To assist in the managing of PM rooms in the front desk system.
- To maximize yield at every opportunity.
- To assist in the completion of the department rota in a timely manner and in line with the needs of the business.
- To assist in the management of Rota Horizon for the department.
- Ensure the correct allocation of charges to guest accounts and banking of all monies.
- Training of new staff and maintain individual training records accordingly.
- Support other departmental training as required, where appropriate.
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with company policies.
- Interact with other members of the team and support where appropriate.
- Attendance at meetings and ad hoc requests and hold departmental meetings as appropriate.
- To act as a main point of contact for any customer complaints and to ensure correct handling.
PLEASE NOTE that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as instructed.
Chef De Rang
Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Banqueting and Bars Manager
Food and Beverage Assistant