Full time, 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, early and late shifts
Job Title: Reception Manager
Responsible for: Reception
- To manage the Reception department on a daily basis in line with agreed standards.
- To recruit, train and develop departmental staff.
- To maximise yield within the departments in conjunction with Senior Management, proposing and implementing promotions to reflect the needs of the business.
- To liaise with Department Managers to ensure exceptional service levels are consistently delivered to guests.
- To input into Front of House standards and objectives in line with overall Hotel Policy.
- To complete Reception shifts.
- Present a welcoming impression to our guests by all reception staff both on the telephone and in person.
- To review, expand and improve the result of AA reports and communicate the information to the Reception and Night Teams.
- To organise Reception rosters, ensuring that there are sufficient staff to cover all duties in line with staffing budgets.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- To maintain a high level of customer care throughout the departments.
- To input into the compilation of and work within the agreed departmental budgets.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
- To hold regular and formal departmental meetings.
- To formally supervise and appraise staff following company procedures.
- To monitor holidays and other absence.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness
- To assist in managing aged debtors on a daily basis.
- To control and manage to an agreed budget maximising yield at every opportunity.
- To input into the rate structures and implement department booking policy.
- To ensure monthly forecasts are completed.
- Ensure the correct allocation of charges to guests accounts and banking of all monies.
- To ensure that all cash is held securely within the Reception till and safe.
- To ensure that all cash amounts that Reception have responsibility for are checked in line with SOPs.
- To ensure that sufficient change is held within the Reception safe so that it can be issued to other departments as and when they make a request.
- Recruit, select and train direct reports and maintain individual training records.
- Support other departmental training as required, where appropriate.
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Maintain training records for Reception staff.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
- To be responsible for First Aid kits around the hotel.
- Interact with other members of Team and support where appropriate
- Attendance at meetings and ad hoc requests and hold departmental meetings as appropriate.
- To act as a main point of contact for any customer complaints and to ensure correct handling.
PLEASE NOTE that this Job Description in not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.