We are looking for a Maintenance Manager for a permanent contract to work 5 shifts over 7 days. The position is 40 hours per week plus on call duties, 8.00am until 4.30pm, however flexibility is essential.
As Maintenance Manager, a good understanding of hotels and building services is required as is a solid experience in a maintenance role at Management level. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in hotels and in one or more building trades including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting/ decorating or general building maintenance.
Other desired skills/experience that would prove beneficial in the role would include IT literacy, Health & Safety and the ability to conduct first level fault finding.
As Maintenance Manager, your responsibilities will be wide and include planned maintenance programs, reactive maintenance, defect repair and health & safety management, good planning and organisational skills are therefore required.
As the position involves working predominantly in guest areas, candidates must be smart, polite and respectful. On call duty will be required.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure that Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre complies with all Health, Safety and Fire procedures
- To maintain a good standard of facilities throughout all areas of the Kilworth Estate, including all hotel and theatre areas
- To introduce cost effective ways to enhance and protect the Kilworth estate using a pro-active approach to maintain utility services and the general upkeep of the hotel and grounds.
- To manage and monitor the maintenance log to ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner
- To carry out general day to day repairs in areas such as:
- To carry out on call duties
- To schedule work to specific deadlines
- To recruit, motivate, support, encourage and manage all Maintenance and grounds staff according to company procedures, policy and employment law
- Maintain effective working relationships with direct reports, HODs, employees of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre, senior members of the management team and sub-contractors
- Manage the boiler house and building management system
- To assist with periodic cleaning eg. mattress turning, chandelier cleaning
- Conduct regular fire drills; check the audibility of all alarms and record reactions of staff. Conduct additional training where necessary
- Conduct regular Health/Safety and Fire Audits
- Ensure the Health and Hygiene of the Hotel and Theatre is maintained i.e. effective waste disposal, pest control, cleaning procedures, management of sewage treatment plant and clearing of gulleys and drains
- Assume responsibility for maintaining alarm systems and codes and gate access
- To maintain any equipment responsible for in a safe and working order
- To source specialist contractors and monitor works
- Perform Contract Maintenance (continual checking of existing contracts with suppliers i.e. gas, electric, water, telephone, Audio and Visual, drains, fire alarms, CCTV)
- Maintain good levels of communication with the local Fire Department and EHO
- To sign in and monitor all sub contractors ensuring relevant Health and Safety documentation is provided
- Perform all duties as required within the confines of the business as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager to maximise the profitability of the business
- Conduct regular checks / audits on standards of facilities available
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment for all and comply with all legal requirements and recommendations, including legionella, P.A.T. & emergency light testing
- Continue to work towards a friendlier environment through carbon reduction and recycling
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness
- To work within agreed budgets
- Write departmental rotas in line with budgets
- Support other departmental training as required, where appropriate
- Monitor staff training and standard operating procedure manuals within the department
- Develop a departmental staff induction programme
- Initiate company total quality management standards
- Train all own departmental staff in all aspects of safe practices at work and monitor the practices of all other employees
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies
- Create and maintain Health and Safety/Fire Risk Assessments for all departments
- Create and maintain Health and Safety policy, Fire safety/Evacuation policy and Emergency Action Procedure
- To report any major defects
- Interact with other members of the Management Team and support where appropriate
- To work when required in other departments
- To complete supervision meetings with direct reports
PLEASE NOTE that this Job Description in not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Bar Assistant – Full Time & Casual
Food and Beverage Assistant – Full Time
Casual Food and Beverage Assistants
Chef De Rang
Assistant Restaurant Manager