Conference/Events Sales Co-Ordinator
Conference & Events Sales Co-Ordinator
40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7.
Relationships: Reports to the Sales Manager
Objective: To receive, convert and implement conference and private event enquiries.
- To be responsible for all administrative details involved in conferences and private events. This includes confirmation, cancellations, amendments and contracting.
- To produce daily and weekly function sheets, daily menus and place cards as required.
- To recommend and arrange menus and wines.
- To liaise with the Conference and Banqueting Manager, Chef and Restaurant Manager on a regular basis and at weekly meetings to ensure familiarisation with all details of conferences and private events.
- To arrange and carry out show rounds for potential guests promoting all facilities at Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in conjunction with other members of the Sales Team.
- To attend and promote Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre at any external exhibitions as required.
- To identify new users of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and liaise with the Sales Team to convert to “regular” guests.
- To liaise with Room Reservations for any residential enquiries.
- To follow up event by telephone in the first instance to monitor satisfaction and obtain re-booking.
- To understand the needs and expectations of each individual client by building a friendly and respectful working relationship.
- Account Management.
- To assist in the preparation of budgets.
- To generate new business for the hotel and Theatre by being aware of selling all services.
- To actively seek all sales and revenue opportunities both internal and external to increase the profile of the hotel and Theatre.
- To ensure that billing and credit agreements are managed and controlled.
- To maximise all upselling and cross selling opportunities.
- To produce a weekly report.
- To produce a monthly competitor rate report.
- To perform all day-to-day routine operations, ensuring all enquiries and bookings are processed accurately and efficiently.
- To ensure that rate updates and information passed from the Reservations Manager are quickly and correctly implemented in all selling channels, if required.
- Ensure that all telephone calls and written correspondence are carried out and actioned in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with the departmental standards.
- To maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date filing of all correspondence.
- To accurately input all electronic bookings on the day of booking.
- To ensure all bookings are guaranteed and secured with the appropriate backup minimising non-arrivals.
- To carry out correspondence checks as detailed in the departmental standards.
- To assist in any Show Rounds and entertainment of company clients as requested.
- To maintain the highest standards of courtesy, efficiency and appearance to both guests and colleagues.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process from lead generation to close.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre are captured and explored.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation.
- Understanding of clients objectives.
- To be creative in your selling style to match the profile of the guest.
- To maintain effective working relationships with clients and identify their needs.
- To provide training and development for colleagues and staff of Kilworth House as requested.
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met.
- To network through attending events and seeking to represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre. Your professional manner and polished appearance will aid your intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- To develop strong working relationships with all clients in order to maximise sales opportunities and generate business for the future.
- To be acutely aware of press and public relations.
- To actively liaise with all departments, insuring the integrity of Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre.
Service & product:
- To manage all conferences and private event enquiries and communicate all requests to the relevant departments concerned.
- To ensure knowledge of product, client relationships and services is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- To evaluate sales performance and product on a regular basis in order to recognise challenges for the future.
- To ensure effective daily communication with other Sales personnel, Reservations, Reception, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Kitchen.
- Ensuring Kilworth House Hotel remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- To ensure all Statutory Regulations are adhered to.
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities.
- Be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook.
- To ensure that you are trained to up hold the conditions of the Health and Safety Policy.
- To attend training and development as and when required and requested.
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt their approach where necessary.
- Actively puts forward practical ideas to generate business for the department and the hotel and encourages others to do so.
- Engages with guests and team members in a warm and friendly manner.
- You will have access to highly confidential information. Under no circumstances may any confidential information be relayed to a 3rd party.
- To be computer literate and to possess sound knowledge of Opera, Word and Excel.
- To be confident working with rates and be aware of rate negotiation parameters.
- To represent Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre in a professional manner, verbally, in correspondence and face to face when required and requested.
PLEASE NOTE that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Demi Chef de Partie
Chef De Rang
Restaurant & Bars Manager
Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Chef De Partie
Food and Beverage Assistant
House Keeping Assistant
Health & Beauty Therapist