Banqueting and Bars Manager
Purpose of the role: You will be responsible for managing the daily operations of our banqueting trade, this will consist of function dinners, weddings, and other large events in the Kilworth calendar and all aspects of our Bars. You will also be responsible for the development and performance management of employees in your department. In addition, you will oversee the inventory, optimise profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The position is full time 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7.
Department: Food and Beverage
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Food and Beverage Supervisors, Chef de Rang, Food and Beverage staff
- To ensure an efficient and welcoming service to customers – ensuring that all event clients’ needs are met.
- To ensure the Restaurants, Bars and FOH areas are kept clean and tidy and provide a welcoming environment to customers and guests.
- To maximise the financial potential of the Restaurants and Bars – working in consultation with the Restaurant Manager and with other departments.
- To carry our regular Bar stocktakes.
- To place all liquor and drinks orders with suppliers, ensuring that the best price is achieved.
- To ensure that all mis-en-place is prepared correctly at the start of each shift.
- To handle guest queries promptly and efficiently.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the menu and correct serving of all dishes.
- To lay up the function space in line with Kilworth standards.
- To take orders for food and beverage.
- To investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- To Co-ordinate the work of Food and Beverage and conference and banqueting staff ensuring that they work effectively and following standards of performance.
- To report any issues to Management and take corrective action where necessary.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
- To ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and actioned without delay.
- To ensure there are accurate daily cash reconciliations and the correct procedures are followed for preparing bills, posting to accounts and banking.
- To supervise staff and, in consultation with the Restaurant Manager, oversee training and staff development.
- To work with the team and to help other departments so that a smooth efficient working environment is achieved.
- To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, COSHH, risk assessments and departmental Standards of Performance.
- To carry out Duty Manager Shifts if requested by Senior Management.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
- To run functions as required.
- To ensure staff are in correct uniform.
Financial Targets / Cost Awareness
- To ensure all transactions are billed and all monies received.
- To control and manage to an agreed budget.
- To ensure that all beverage transfers or wastage are recorded.
- To ensure all bills for residents are checked and signed.
- To attend training as requested by your Head of Department or Senior Manager
- To support other departmental training as required, where appropriate
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
PLEASE NOTE: that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.