Chef De Rang
Chef de Rang
40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7.
Reporting to: Head Waiter, Food and Beverage Supervisors, Assistant Restaurant Managers, Food and Beverage Manager
Responsible for: Food and Beverage Assistants, Casual Food an Beverage Assistants
Purpose of the role: To assist in the running of the Food and Beverage outlets at Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre.
- Perform duties in line with Standards of Performance Manuals (SOPs) for the Food and Beverage Department.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager, Assistant Restaurant Managers and Food and Beverage Supervisors in Restaurant, Orangery, Bar, Lounge and Private Dining areas on a daily basis to the agreed standards.
- To consistently provide a warm welcome and an exceptional customer care service to all guests.
- Maximise yield within the department at every opportunity.
- Train Food and Beverage Assistants in line with SOP manuals within budget.
- To work closely with all other food and beverage outlets for the benefit of guests in all areas.
- To assist departmental managers and supervisors with ensuring the service in the Food and Beverage Department is prompt, friendly and attentive.
- Delegate tasks to Food and Beverage Assistants when appropriate and by the correct means.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the hotel’s Food and Beverage products and understand menus and how they are compiled.
- To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, COSHH, risk assessments and departmental standards of performance.
- To run private functions as required and assist in running weddings.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To assist the department in controlling / taking care of equipment eg crockery.
- To ensure all transactions are billed and all monies received.
- Support other departmental training as required, where appropriate.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
- Interact with other members of Management Team and support where appropriate.
- To work when required in other departments.
- To act as a main point of contact for any customer complaints, if appropriate, and to ensure correct handling.
PLEASE NOTE that this Job Description in not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Please submit your completed application form via email to email@example.com
Demi Chef de Partie
Restaurant & Bars Manager
Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Chef De Partie
Food and Beverage Assistant
House Keeping Assistant
Health & Beauty Therapist