Assistant Restau-rant Manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager with a focus on Bars
40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7.
Responsible to: Restaurant Manager
Responsible for: Bar staff
- To ensure an efficient and welcoming service to customers – ensuring that service in the Bars and Lounge areas is prompt, friendly and attentive to customers needs.
- To ensure the Bars and FOH areas are kept clean and tidy and provide a welcoming environment to customers and guests.
- To handle guest queries promptly and efficiently.
- To maximise the financial potential of the Bars – working in consultation with the Food and Beverage / Operations Manager and with other departments.
- To manage bar stock – liaising with suppliers, placing orders, dealing with deliveries and minimising wastage.
- To liaise with the external Stock Taker and provide accurate information as and when required.
- To ensure liquor stock procedures are put in place and implemented at all times.
- To ensure the cellar is always kept clean and organised and to clean the lines as required.
- To ensure there are accurate daily cash reconciliations and the correct procedures are followed for preparing bills, posting to accounts and banking.
- To supervise bar staff and, in consultation with the Catering Manager, oversee recruitment, training and staff development.
- To hold a Personal License and ensure that all licensing and health and safety legislation are upheld and implemented at all times.
- To work with the team and to help other departments so that a smooth efficient working environment is achieved.
- To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, COSHH, risk assessments and departmental Standards of Performance.
- To carry out Duty Manager Shifts.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
- To ensure staff are in the correct uniform.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To ensure all transactions are billed and all monies received.
- To ensure that all beverage transfers or wastage are recorded.
- To ensure all bills for residents are checked and signed.
- To control and manage to an agreed budget.
- To attend training as requested by your Head of Department or Senior Manager.
- To support other departmental training as required, where appropriate.
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
PLEASE NOTE that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Chef De Rang
Food and Beverage Assistant