Assistant Restaurant Manager
We are looking for a full time Assistant Restaurant Manager to be responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurants, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, you will oversee the inventory, optimise profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The position is full time, 40 hours per week, 5 days from 7.
Responsible to: Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager
Responsible for: Bars Manager, Food and Beverage Supervisors, Head Waiters, Chef de Rangs, Food and Beverage staff
- To ensure an efficient and welcoming service to customers – ensuring that service in the Restaurants, Bars, Lounge and Private Dining areas is prompt, friendly and attentive to customer needs.
- To ensure the Restaurants and FOH areas are kept clean and tidy and provide a welcoming environment to customers and guests.
- To maximise the financial potential of the Restaurants and Bars – working in consultation with the Catering Manager and with other departments.
- To ensure that all mis-en-place is prepared correctly at the start of each shift.
- To handle guest queries promptly and efficiently.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the menu and correct serving of all dishes.
- To lay up the restaurant and dining rooms to the correct standard.
- To take orders for food and beverage.
- To investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- To Co-ordinate the work of Food and Beverage staff ensuring that they work effectively and following standards of performance.
- To report any issues to Management and take corrective action where necessary.
- To run weddings.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
- To ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and actioned without delay.
- To ensure there are accurate daily cash reconciliations and the correct procedures are followed for preparing bills, posting to accounts and banking.
- To supervise staff and, in consultation with the Catering Manager, oversee training and staff development.
- To work with the team and to help other departments so that a smooth efficient working environment is achieved.
- To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, COSHH, risk assessments and departmental Standards of Performance.
- To carry out Duty Manager Shifts if requested by Senior Management.
- To maintain hygiene standards in areas of responsibility.
- To run functions as required.
- To ensure staff are in correct uniform.
Financial Targets/Cost Awareness:
- To ensure all transactions are billed and all monies received.
- To control and manage to an agreed budget.
- To ensure that all beverage transfers or wastage are recorded.
- To ensure all bills for residents are checked and signed.
- To attend training as requested by your Head of Department or Senior Manager
- To support other departmental training as required, where appropriate
- Provide opportunities for personal and team development.
- Duty Management coverage as required for the safety of all persons.
- Fire Evacuation procedures. Statutory obligations in line with Company Policies.
PLEASE NOTE that this Job Description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Bar Assistant – Full Time & Casual
Food and Beverage Assistant – Full Time
Casual Food and Beverage Assistants
Weekend Kitchen Porter